Wednesday 10 October 2012

It all adds up

Well another ballet class under my belt. I left my class feeling renewed, with a bounce in my step, a huge smile on my face, and with more energy then when I went in. I jogged briskly to the car and plopped into the seat with a sigh. I felt very happy and content as I thought back on all the steps we went through in class., all the challenges, the "felt like you could die jumps" the "leg muscles slowly turning ever so mushy during adage," and that amazingly rewarding feeling of almost nailing an exercise.

I actually had some control in my pirouettes prep today, which felt awesome! I've been trying to work on them outside of class. This week I only managed to practice them for about 20mins on Tues, last week I spent 4x 20mins, and I could feel myself getting slightly closer to gaining that strength, and  the power to ."...propel... UP...and.. HOLD..HOLD...now come down with control not because you HAVE to.. but because you WANT to!" I actually was able to hold today my releve, with foot in passe alot longer then I thought and my grin must have been as wide as the room in that moment. hehee :)

If only I could take classes every day, I think I would be on cloud 9.

Alright enough of all that! Now down to business!

Notes:
push more toe-ball-heel
use those stomach muscles (they are in there somewhere)
more hamstrings! pull up, up up!
Lower arms during back bends...
Try to remember port de bra.. (I really don't understand why I always forget these)
and of course... count, count count count.... 


Oooo long list. :)

Side note.. some of the girls in my class today were wearing the most amazing warmups. I wish I could wear them too, but I have the worst luck finding any in my size. Yet, now I am wondering what in my closet don't I wear anymore... hmm maybe it's time to get creative??? hmmm......

YAY PICTURE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment