Saturday 27 October 2012

In my dance bag

I had to do some serious cleaning the other day, and, came across my dance bag. I've seen youtube videos of bloggers posting about what's in their dance bags, and was always like ...Ahhh... hmm... oohhh... and never for a second really even considered my own bag as being anything worth mentioning.

Yet, the other day I just had to go through my bag( it was getting pretty full and it was laundry day) As I was pulling this and that out of it, sifting through what was dirty, what was clean, and, Oh that's where that went...and... how did that get in there.. moments....I figurered that perhaps its these items from those moment that make a dance bag what it is.... or is it?

Anyways, It's not like I planned and purposely placed these items in there out of experience, or necessity. I really just threw these things in there while picking up laundry, stashing away odds and ends, or lazily tossing things "out of sight/will deal with them latter" objects.

Okay so, first off, im still very much a noob so, I'm proabably missing out on a ton of items "every dancer should carry" but when it came down to my net blog topic entry for today, it was either this or some topic not quite as fun.... so I picked fun FTW!





In my dance bag:
  • A tiny makeup bag thing, with kisses on it, that keeps extra bobby pins, hair clips, a spare elastic band, band aids, extra thick mole skin sheet still in wrapper (for emerg. purposes) Q-tips, a sample sized bottle of extra foundation/coverup, Emergency fem. hygiene products (it's always best to to be prepared amiright?)
  • In the largest front pocket: my tiny red kisses makeup bag, a useless Whirl-A-Style (at this point my hair has grown too long for it to work properly) spare change, and painkillers
  • Side mesh pocket which holds an empty water bottle
Main compartment (BTW when I ordered this bag online I never realize that it didn't really have any interior pockets or dividers which really drives me bonkers! You can NEVER have enough pockets! Grrrrr)

  • Old pair of spare pointe shoes (in case I forget my newest ones - with my terrible memory it could happen) They still work well enough, although they are not my "favourite" these were handed down to me awhile back before I got my Bloch Bal. Euro's.
  • Mesh-Like white shoe bag which holds my newest pointes, as well as, my foot undeez(large) and my favourite gel toe spacers/bunion guard. AMAZING!
  • Cotton plaid drawstring bag in blue and grey holds my pair of Bloch leather full soles(which are starting to getting holes) as well as, my Bloch split sole canvas, which worn a hole in quicker than the bottoms were dirty! >.<
  • 2 extra pair of Capezio tights (2, really??) Not my fav kind. In pink (Well greyish now)
  • my "almost too small" black camisole Capezio leotard, that I had to purchase last minute when I was rushing to class and realized I had nothing to wear. I keep for emergencies (i,e bad memory)
  • 3 different strengths of therabands (which I don't use nearly enough) green,light grey and dark grey
  • Lululemon cross-back sports bra in bright turquoise for "just in case" 
  • Black plain sports bra with adjustable straps
  • 36" ballet pink and heavenly soft wooly legwarmers which I adore for the full 5mins before I'm sweating too much and must take them off mid way through plies.
  • extra pair of socks, extra tank top Capezio with BraTek (for emergencies...Noticing a pattern? I always seem to forget something, so now I make sure to have anything/all I might need - this made having a bigger bag very handy)
  • a red basic arm shrug, ballet wrap skirt, and 3 different pairs of booty shorts
  • Change of clothes
  •  Side-underneath pocket I usually stuff my dirty/sweaty clothes from after class
I think that's about it. Or at least what I can remember. When I was pulling everything out, it seemed like SO MUCH STUFF WTF, but now as I've listed it, heh.. it seems practical. :)

So that's my bag... for now... heehee

1 comment:

  1. Do you ballet dancers who use those gel toe separators have any tricks for keeping the gel from turning grey from the oils in our feet?

    ReplyDelete