Tuesday 30 October 2012

"You know you're a dancer when....."

I've seen these kinds of threads before... all over ballet and dance related forums or blogs. As amusing as they were to read, I never thought anything could ever really apply to me.

After all.. a dancer.. I am not.

Yet, the other day I had to snicker at myself...


So here I was working one day... it was a pretty long day, which started rather early (so much for my get up and stretch plans! >.< ) Being the "last minute" type of person that I am (why can't I ever be on time??? I really.. REALLY... try.. but no matter how early I wake up or leave.. I'm always at least 2-3 mins behing) WHY!!!!?!?!?!

er... so yeah.. I had to rush off to work... so  I didn't have time to eat... or make my mental checklist of the rooms/house  ((i.e do I have this... and this.. and this...???? did I turn off this...  and this...??)) and much like all the other times I never get the chance to mentally check off my list... I of course forgot quite a few things... one of the those items was water.

Well... I work with alot of people that never seem to drink water. I don't understand it because I am always thirsty (I am not diabetic as far as I know O,o) but still.. talking to people...(so many people... ) just kills your mouth, drains it out.. I MUST have water, erm... (and gum).. BUT thats another obsession I will get into later....

Luckily while digging through my purse I realize I have enough change to buy a drink from the vending machine (over-priced- bottle-of-water btw...) so up from my desk I leapt and bolted to the machine down the hall.


5 mins or so later I am digging through the filth of my purse... scraping old gum off coins.. palming each coins total.... adding it up.... $1.50..... $1.55....Oooo a quarter!!!.... $1.80.....$1.90.... AH HA...$2.00!!!  Yep water costs $2.00 here. you can forget about that O.J.  That will cost ya up to Two-fitty! But, hey! have this chocolate bar with all the extra fat.. for $1.25..... Like really?? Really.

Errr.. so anyways mid through, when I hit about the $1.80 mark I suddenly realized that while standing in front of this over priced vending machine, as I was digging for change, I had without realizing it,...managed to prop my purse up onto a very balanced and turned out attitude devant leg,  I couldn't believe it! And just like most amazing dreams,  as soon It's realized it..."I suddenly awoke" I lost all my balance, and I couldn't restore it. ..  I had to resort to propping up my purse against the machine itself. My amazing balance fading into mist much like your favourite dream vanishes behind those sandy eyes upon wakening.

Ahh sigh. "You know you're a dance when...."   

No comments:

Post a Comment